Tuesday 22 April 2008


I've been tagged!

The lovely Anna Maria - my LighterLife compadre - has tagged me! Here is the premise of her tag (lifted from her beautiful blog)....

"Right guys, listen up....I'm starting a tag. It's called 'Top 10 food pics'. Here are mine, all my favourites.I'm tagging 5 people to do their own 'top 10'. Then if those 5 people could each choose 5 people we'll get to see some really good food pics! Almost like our very own food pic chain..."

Since I have spent a *lot* of my time cooking from the gorgeous How to Eat by Nigella Lawson, it is only right that my "top 10" food pictures are from my HTE journey; a journey which is not yet over. I plan on returning to this blog as soon as I am down to my target weight. I have had a good look through my photos and lifted the 10 which I feel are nicest. Just 2 things to remember;

1,) These are *not* in any order. Just the 10 nicest in my opinion...

2.) These are not necessarily the recipes that I have enjoyed the most. Just some of the nicest photos. It is always the way - isn't it? - that the photos of the nicest meals never do them justice and yet you can take a great photo of a meal you aren't particularly keen on!
Anyway....here are my top 10;

1.) Sunday night chicken noodle from HTE





2.) Gorgonzola, Marsala and mascarpone crostini topping from HTE.





3.) Victoria sponge from HTE.


4.) Fancy cake from HTE



5.) Clementine cake from HTE



6.) Tropical fruit salad with butterscotch sauce (HTE)




7.) Basic white loaf (HTE)

8.) Special meatballs (HTE)

9.) Almond and orange blossom cake (HTE)

10.) Apple crumble

I hope you like these pictures and don't forget that if you want to read what I thought of them, they are all on my "on-hold" NewNigella blog (http://www.newnigella.blogspot.com/).

Now, who to tag.....?! I would like to tag a lot more people, but I can only choose 5, so here they are:

1.) Tina: http://tina-cookerybookchallenge.blogspot.com/

2.) Laura: http://www.hungryandfrozen.blogspot.com/

3.) Gayle: http://theovenison.blogspot.com/

4.) Vicky: http://www.ahealthyappetite.blogspot.com/

5.) Erika: http://ohmy-applepie.blogspot.com/

All of these lovely ladies are good friends of mine and have supported my NewNigella blog right from the begining. Good luck girls ;)










6 Comments:

Blogger Anna's kitchen table said...

Dear Amy,
Thank you so, so much for joining in!

Your photos are great!
I especially like the sunday night noodle and the fancy cake, but really they're all wonderful!

I'm really enjoying seeing what photos people choose as their favourites!

xxx

22 April 2008 at 07:13  
Blogger hungryandfrozen said...

Hey I've been tagged again! That fancy cake looks gorgeous :) What a lot of work you've done! X

22 April 2008 at 14:03  
Blogger Gayle said...

You're making me hungry Amy!!
Beautiful Pictures (as usual!)

Gaylexx

23 April 2008 at 12:15  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amy.
Great pics, especially love the noodles.

24 April 2008 at 09:31  
Blogger Kelly-Jane said...

Great pictures Amy, yum yum!

3 May 2008 at 07:42  
Blogger Boffcat said...

Come back! I'm having disturbing images of Chris wasting away as the Cooking-for-Chris blog gathers dust!

1 June 2008 at 10:48  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Visits to Cooking for Chris